Hosseinpour, Saman (Ph.D.)
Hosseinpour, Saman (Ph.D.)
I received my bachelor’s and master’s degrees in material science and engineering with the focus on surface and corrosion science. In 2006, I was appointed as a lecturer and faculty member of the Department of Material Science at Azad University. In 2009 I moved to Christofer Leygraf’s labs at Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Sweden, to do my PhD which was followed by a postdoc period in Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research in Germany. In 2016 I received the prestigious Morris Cohen Graduate Award for the best doctoral research in the field of corrosion science and electrochemistry. Currently, I hold a group leader position at the Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Institute of Particle Technology (LFG), working with non-linear spectroscopy (SHG and SFG). Since 2020, I am an honorary adjunct professor of the department of materials and metallurgical engineering at Ferdowsi University of Mashhad (FUM). My research interests are: physical chemistry of macromolecules, surface functionalization, corrosion, surface science, non-linear spectroscopy, and electrochemistry.
(full list of publications is available here):
- Hosseinpour, S., Roeters, S., Bonn, M., Peukert, W., Woutersen, S., & Weidner, T. (2020). Structure and dynamics of interfacial peptides and proteins from vibrational sum-frequency generation spectroscopy. Chemical Reviews, 120(7), 3420-3465. https://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acs.chemrev.9b00410
- Guckeisen, T., Hosseinpour, S., & Peukert, W. (2019). Isoelectric points of proteins at the air/liquid interface and in solution. Langmuir, 35(14), 5004-5012. https://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acs.langmuir.9b00311
- Hosseinpour, S., Tang, F., Wang, F., A. Livingstone, R., Schlegel, S., Ohto, T.,... Backus, E. (2017). Chemisorbed and Physisorbed Water at the TiO2/Water Interface. Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 8, 2195-2199. https://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acs.jpclett.7b00564
- Hosseinpour, S. (2011). Initial Oxidation of Alkanethiol-Covered Copper Studied by Vibrational Sum Frequency Spectroscopy. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. https://dx.doi.org/10.1021/jp207028e
Grants and awards:
- BMBF (Federal Ministry of Education and Research)-MSRT Joint Mobility program, (Germany, 2020).
- ETI (Emerging Talents Initiative) grant 2018/2 from Friedrich-Alexander-Universität-Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU), (Germany, 2018).
- Morris Cohen Graduate Student Award, Electrochemical Society, for the best doctoral thesis in the field of Electrochemistry and Corrosion, world-wide, (USA, 2016).
- DAAD, German Academic Exchange Service, two years grant for collaboration with the University of Zagreb, Croatia on “Self assembled monolayers as corrosion inhibitors in marine environments”, (Germany, 2015).
- Best Poster Award in Gordon Research Conference on Vibrational Spectroscopy, (USA, 2014).
- Levipriset from Sveriges Ingenjörer (Swedish Association of Graduate Engineers), (Sweden, 2013).
- Third Best Poster Award in Materials Day, at KTH, Stockholm, (Sweden, 2011).
- Third prize in Khwarizmi International Award (KIA), for the project “Honeycomb sealing for jet engines”, (Iran, 2009).
- ECO (Economic Cooperation Organization), prize for Research & Development Project, for the best project presented in KIA, (Iran, 2009).